Rebalancing Health Care in the Heartland 8:
Achieving Value in Tomorrow’s Health System
October 14, 2015, Embassy Suites, Des Moines, Iowa
- 8:15 a.m.
- 9 a.m.
Welcome and opening remarks
Jean Robillard, Interim President, University of Iowa, and Vice President for Medical Affairs, University of Iowa Health Care
- 10:30 a.m.
- 9:15 a.m.
Elizabeth Teisberg, PhD, Professor, Community and Family Medicine, The Geisel School of Medicine; and Senior Institute Associate, Harvard Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness. (Followed by audience questions) (presentation)
- 10:40 a.m.
Implementing Value Based Strategies in Iowa
• Gerd Clabaugh, Director, Iowa Department of Public Health, and Tom Evans, President and CEO, Iowa Healthcare Collaborative (presentation)
• Tim Gutshall, Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
• Christina Taylor, Chief Quality Officer, The Iowa Clinic
- 12:30 p.m.
UI Health Care Innovations Panel
• Moving the dial in mobile and eHealth at Iowa, Pat Brophy, Assistant VP for eHealth, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa (presentation)
• Retaining New Dentists in Iowa, Deb Hoyle, Iowa Practice Opportunities Coordinator, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa (presentation)
• UI Pharmacy residencies – an innovative educational state-wide effort, Mike Brownlee, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa
• Precision Medicine for Iowans, Colleen Campbell, Assistant Director, Iowa Institute of Human Genetics, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa (presentation and fact sheet)
- 1:30 p.m.
- 1:40 p.m.
Managed Care Approaches to a Value Based Health Care System
Mikki Stier, Director, Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (presentation)
• AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa, Inc. (presentation)
• Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. (presentation)
• UnitedHealthcare Plan of the River Valley, Inc. (presentation)
• WellCare of Iowa
- 3 p.m.
Policy Perspectives on Health in Iowa
Facilitated by Dean Borg
• Sen. Pam Jochum, Iowa Senate District 50
• Rep. Linda Miller, Iowa House District 94
- 4 p.m.
Jean Robillard, Vice President for Medical Affairs, University of Iowa Health Care
This conference is sponsored by the University of Iowa Health Sciences Colleges: College of Dentistry, College of Nursing, College of Pharmacy, College of Public Health, Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine; Hardin Library for Health Sciences, State Hygienic Laboratory at the University of Iowa, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Public Policy Center, Iowa BioTechnology Association.
The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. For additional information contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, (319) 335-0705. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Shari Heick in advance at 319/335-4455.